Tag is like a tail. We say , The dog is running, isn't it? Here the part isn't it is the tag. The Isn't is like a tail of that sentence. There are certain simple steps to make the Question tags:
1. We use helping verbs to make tags.
2. Affirmative (positive) setence has a negative tag and negative sentence has a poitive tag.
3. Put a comma just before the tag, and a question mark after the tag. Tag does not start in capital letter because it is a part of the senence.
4. We use short forms like isn't it, aren't they etc.
5. The pronoun in the tag should be according to the subject of the sentence.
1. Arya is beautiful, isn't she? (Negative tag)
2. Vishnu is not poor, is he? (Positive tag)
3. She was a doctor, was'nt she?
4. She was not a teacher, was she?
5. They will be doctors, won't they?
6. They won't be techers, will they?
7. She studies at night, doesn't she?
8. He doesn't study at home, does he?
9. They play volley ball, don't they?
10. We don't play cricket, do we?
11. The man killed the bird, didn't he?
12. She didn't respond, did she?
13. They attend the class, don't they?
14. Revathi and Radhika will sing, won't they?
15. They will not dance, will they?
16. I am a writer, aren't I?
(Don't say.....amn't I; it is wrong)
17. You can go there, can't you?
18. you cannot go there, can you?
19. The man could fight the case, couldn't he?
20. I am not an actor, am I?
21. They don't watch serials , do they?
22. The police couldn't catch the thief, could they?
23. We should be helpful, shouldn't we?
24. We should not impolite, should we?
25. She would look smarter in this dress, wouldn't she?
26. You would not sound better i this casset, would you?
27. He has mistaken, hasn't he?
28. He has not mistaken, has he?
29. They have hurt someone , haven't they?
30. They went to school, didn't they?
Negatives like scarcely, hardly, seldom, never, little, few, etc. are followed by positive tags.
Eg. She seldom talks to strangers, does she?
They never lie, do they?
We had little money with us, had we?
The man hardly escaped, did he?
For imperatives, we take you as the subject and make a tag accordingly.
Eg. Get out, won't you?
Kindly help him, won't you?
Don't come here, will you?
Don't touch stray dogs, will you?